Powermatic 2014 Lathe, 1HP 1PH, 115V1792014AK
For nearly one hundred years Powermatic has been dedicated to woodworkers. As a market leader in woodturning Powermatic is proud to offer the powerful PM2014 model lathe. Only requiring a 115V single phase power source the inverter delivers 1HP, 230V, 3PH performance, giving users maximum speed with minimum input. With a capacity of 14" swing over bed and 20" between centers which can be increased with the optional 13" bed extension. Premium sliding headstock feature allows greater clearance when positioned at the end of the bed for outboard turning.Robust cast iron bed reduces vibration when turning larger and rougher pieces. Digital Indexing and spindle speed readout are clearly visible on the magnetic repositionable control box. The new ergonomic stand adjusts from centerline to floor from 34 inches to 46 inches allowing the PM2014 to be accessible to users of a range of heights.
- Acme threads on tail stock for smoother operation and longevity
- Attached tool caddy allows convenient access to centers, wrenches, and accessories.
- Banjo features a non-marring, pinch style clamp for solid tool rest placement
- Cast iron bed reduces motor vibration for decreased noise and added precision
- Chrome trimmed hand wheels are ergonomic for a comfortable feel
- Includes 8 inch tool rest with 1 inch post
- Lathe easily disassembles for better portability
- Magnetic control box displays both digital speed and indexing and can be relocated for convenience and safety
- Main power disconnect on rear of headstock lock out for safety
- Most range of height in the Powermatic family. Adjust centerline to floor from 34 inches to 46 inches for maximum control and comfort.
- Motor only requires a 115 volt single phase input while providing a consistent torque with 1 horse power, 230 volt, and 3 phase output using an inverter.
- Sliding headstock and removable tailstock make outboard turning easy
- Twenty four positive locking indexing position, displayed on the repositionable magnetic control box, simplifies the indexing process
- Variable speeds from as low 15RPMs to as high as 3600RPMs
- With constant monitoring of the motor the inverter keeps torque consistent.